Table of Contents:
Create a New Request
Before you can create an Order, you'll first have to submit a Request. These easy steps will show you how to start the process:
- Go to the Manager Dashboard and click Requests.
- Click the Create button next to the search bar.
Tip: You can also use the Create button located at the top of the left sidebar to start creating a Request.
- Select the Shipping Address from the list on the left, and then, you'll be able to choose your preferred supplier from the available options.
By default, clicking the supplier icon will let you add items through the Hosted Catalog method.
Reminder: If you hover over the supplier icon and see an option for Punchout, it means the supplier has an active Punchout integration enabled and you’ll be able to add items via the supplier’s web-based catalog. Learn more about Punchout Catalog Items.
- To add items from the selected supplier, just fill in the fields with the required information, (i.e., Catalog Number, Item Name, Item Description, Unit of Measure, Price, and Quantity).
- Once you’re ready, click Add Items and a Request flyout will display your Request in ‘Draft’ status.
The Request flyout is displayed as soon as you add items from the supplier's catalog. At this point, your Request will be set to 'Draft' status and you can edit multiple details before submitting your Request for approval. If approved, this information will then translate into a Purchase Order.
Here's an overview of the Request flyout:
- Request number [REQ-####]: this system-generated number will identify your Request in the List View from the Requests Stage. Each item within your Request will receive its own unique Request number (Req Line ID) number as well.
- Request status: when first creating a Request, the flyout will display it in 'Draft' status. Depending on subsequent actions, this status can be updated into 'Requested', 'Pending Approval', 'Rejected', or even 'Swapped'.
- Activity Stream: click the fusion icon to open up the Activity Stream to the right side of the screen. Here you'll see all user and system-generated activity and comments related to your Request.
- Request actions (dropdown menu): when creating a new Request, only two actions are available; you can either 'Submit Request', or 'Delete' it.
- Request (REQ) Details: you can scroll down (or click) through the following tabs:
- Order Info: includes the main details of the Request, i.e.:
Field Editable/Not Editable Requested by not editable Contact Person editable Ordering Method editable
COA (Chart of Accounts)
- Additional Info: you can submit a quote for your Request, if available. You can also create or select an order tag and add custom notes here.
- Documents: you can drop or attach relevant documents for the Request (multiple file types are supported).
- Budget Info: you can enter a budget code for accounting purposes, if available in your workspace.
- Custom Fields: an Administrator can add Custom Fields for all orders which will appear in this tab.
Once you're ready to submit your Request for review, click Submit Request on the top-right corner of the flyout, and your Request status will update to 'Requested'.
Reminder: If you exit the Request flyout while in 'Draft' status, your items will reflect the same status in the List View from the Requests Stage but they'll only be visible to you until you submit or cancel the Request.
Congratulations! Your Request is now listed in the List View from the Request Stage where a Manager or Administrator can review it and submit it for Order approval.