Table of contents:
- Search & Filter
- Advanced Settings
We´ve enhanced our inventory list view for you to be able to manage your inventory easier.
- Go to the Lab Manager tab and click on Inventory.
Search & Filter
- In order to search for a specific item, you can use the search panel on the top left. Enter the column name or item you want to search for.
- Now you have a quick filter option by category; right next to the search panel you´ll find the quick filters with the item categories that were set up in your account, already filtered for you, just click on the category name to view the inventory details. You can also save a category as your default view! For example, if you need to constantly check “Consumables” to see your stock, you can set that as your default view so you can easily access the information every time you open your inventory list by clicking on the Save icon.
- There is a scroll bar below so you can scroll right to see more categories if you have many.
- You´ll find a flyout on the left side to be able to search in through the columns.
We have two search options for you.
- General search: here you can search by product, supplier, location, etc.
- Colum search: here you can search by column name, for example, Item ID, Location, etc.
- By enabling the respective column name buttons.
- Filter by active or inactive items, you can automatically do it by clicking the eye icon.
For example, if you checked out an item by mistake, when you filter by inactive items you could find the item and you´ll be able to check it in again.
- Pivot mode: summarize, reorganize and group as needed.
- Custome view: see only the information you need and hide the columns that you´d like.
- Values: get coaction of items together or gathering. Click on them and it will show you all the values (turn off the buttons and turn on pivot table)
Save View / Switch
- You can save more than one view if you want, and switch between them as you like. If you want to have visibility of the original view you can always reset view and go back to default.
- Export your customized view if you need data for reporting to get exactly what you need.
- Save as many views as you need by clicking the save icon.
This filter allows you to play with your data, to reflect only what you need for specific items, and as you have the option to save your views, you can filter as much as you like.
We have three main options:
- Advanced filter: enable Pivot mode, filter, and group by columns.
- Filter by: filter by specific criteria.
- Pivot mode: allows you to have the same functionality of a pivot table and you can sum by values.
Your default view gives you visibility of all the columns, which are details of your inventory items.
- If you want to filter by specific information you can do it here.
- You can ask the filter to contain or not contain, to be equal or not, or to start or end with specific characters or words.
- The advanced filter allows you to switch off some columns and have visibility only of the ones that matter to you for specific uses, i.e. only item ID and Item name, or only items of a certain supplier.
If you do not want to filter but you drag group the information. Drag the columns to row groups
- For example, if you drag the column ”location” it’ll group everything into locations and you can expand it to see what items each location has in inventory
- Drag to “row groups” only the columns you need to see, it will group them and you can check only what is under each location.
- Save your view to be able to see the same information when needed.
- For Values to work, the pivot mode must be enabled (in green).
- You can have data analyzed instantly with a couple of clicks. For example, if you need to know how many items you have in each category, first group by category, and then drag (Item ID) into Values and select “count”
- Now you´ll know how many items you have in each location.
You have several options, you can:
- Get average
- You can sum
- You can get you min and max
- You can sort by first or last
- You can count
Dropdown for column options: You´ll see an icon next to the column name, here you can Pin the information, e.g: Pin item ID to the right to compare...(it works like freeze panel)
Sort: If you click on the columns name, it will sort the information (ascending or descending)