Table of contents
- Approval Routing Setup
- Company Settings
Approval Routing Setup
You can set different order Approval Routings for your Organization at the company, individual user and group levels. You can set spending thresholds per order or cumulative (monthly) at any of these levels too.
We designed this, to make nearly infinite approval workflows possible to fit however your organization may be structured.
We also have other compliance & control options such as preventing self-approvals and requiring different approvers for each rule.
Important: Changes to order approval routing will not take effect on orders already submitted before the change. Those order requests must be canceled and resubmitted or approved subject to previous approval routing place at the time of submission.
Note: If I go to the group's page, and I choose a group, there's no longer this section down to create an approval flow.
You can set up approvals at Company, Group or Role levels.
- Go to Administrator Dashboard and click on Company, then go to the Settings tab.
- Click on Add Approval Flows
3. Define a Group, if you need to create one, you need to do back to Team in the Admin Dashboard and Add a Group from there.
4. Click on the blue plus sign to set up the approval flow steps.
Linearly and serial steps. This means step one has to be cleared before step two and step three before step four. This is a functional change related to how the approvals were done previously in our platform.
1. Define who this approval flow applies to: company level, role level or group level. Then we create the steps that group needs to go through.
2. Set up your Order Approval. Select the name of the person or group that satisfies it. You can add as many people as needed by clicking the blue add icon (one line at a time).
3. Spending limit (Single Orders). Set up the amounts and the person or people that need to approve an order above the spending limit. You can even determine different people for different amounts. If you have multiple people that need to approve on this step a notification will be sent but it will only be received by the person that has the highest threshold for approval.
Note: This step is just who approves orders above a certain amount.
4. Spending limit (Cumulative). Set up a cumulative spending limit for when the monthly order spend exceeds a certain amount and one person needs to go over it to approve.
5. Final Approval. The final approval is the last approval along the path after all other approvals are done. Once the person who owns the final approval clears it, the order will be executed and sent with an attached PO number to the supplier.