Table of contents:
- Scientist Requests
- Admin and Lab Manager Request Management
The updated Scientist role now lets users create and submit Item Requests. Lab Managers and Admins can merge multiple Item Requests from Scientists into an Order Request.
If you have the Scientist role set up by an Admin, you need to Log in to your workspace and you will see the Lab Manager Dashboard.
- Click on Create Request and select the supplier you need the items from.
- Look for the Catalog number or Item name in order to add a quantity and add the item to your Request.
- Once you click on Add to Request, you will be asked if you would like to add more items or if you want to go to your request.
- By clicking on Add more items you can add more to your request, and by going to your request you can review your request.
- Once you are Reviewing your request, you need to enter the date when the items are needed and also a quote number if you have one. Also, at the bottom, you can add comments or that specific request.
Our new Request List view lets Scientists see their requests to make it easier to know what you asked for.
- On the left side under the Lab Manager Menu, go to Request List.
- You can see your requests listed here, it will show the request ID, the total number of items requested, and the requested date.
- By clicking on the request, you can see the details and status.
Admin and Lab Manager Request Management
As Admins and Lab Managers, you can now review and manage your team´s requests and turn them into an order for better tracking and control.
- Go to Lab Manager Dashboard and select Create an order.
- You will now find three tabs, the middle one is Manage Requests. This is where you can see your team´s requests and turn them into orders.
- You can view their requests by supplier or by requester.
- Click on the Request and you will be able to see the item name, unit of measure, who requested it, the needed date, quantity, price, and total. Now you need to check the box next to the item name and click on Add to Cart.
- Once added you can review your cart and you are ready to place your order.
Learn more about placing an order here: Create Order