Table of contents:
- QuickBooks Data Sync Settings.
- Vendor Sync.
QuickBooks Data Sync Settings
Our platform is now integrated with Quickbooks for more efficient expenses recording.
To start integrating your QuickBooks through LabFellows follow these simple steps:
- Go to Admin Dashboard and select the Fusion API.
- Once there, you´ll see two tabs; one for Fusion API and another one for Integrations.
- Click on the Integrations tab. Now, click the Connect button to connect with your Quickbooks.
- Sign in to your Intuit account.
- Once Connected, enable the Sync POs to QuickBooks button.
- Choose which system generates the PO number by clicking on the PO Number Source dropdown menu, it could be either LabFellows or Quickbooks system.
- If you decide QuickBooks to generate the PO number, you will get a message that will take you to the QuickBooks Knowledge center to show you how to customize your transaction numbers.
- Choose your Accounts Payable account to which the purchasing transactions will go to. (these are already set up in your Quickbooks system).
- Choose your Cost of Goods Sold account (the account to which the items purchased go to. This is also set up in your Quickbooks system)
- Now click the Sync button to synchronize the pending or active vendor accounts that have been already set up in our platform. You will be prompted to a list of Quickbooks and LabFellows set up vendors to allow both systems to match.
- In order to be able to synchronize vendors, we have had to previously set them up in each system and made sure they are not misspelled or named differently.
- If a Vendor is set up in Labfellows and you can't find it here, you can add it by clicking on the name field and click Add. Or, the other way around; if you are not able to find your Quickbooks vendor in our platform, you can click the add here link located on the top.
- You can also choose NOT to sync some indirect vendors to our platform that might appear in your Quickbooks, such as your internet service provider, by clicking Ignore. This will avoid having the integration cluttered with irrelevant data.
- Once you have reviewed the vendors you would like to sync just click the Confirm button.
After going through the previous steps, you will be able to see the last time sync was made. This is because if you submit a PO from a vendor that has not been synchronized with Quickbooks, the transaction will be blocked. When creating your order you´ll get a message advising that it cannot be placed until the vendor is added and synchronized.