Table of Contents:
Now you can set up your organization's budgets and have better control and visibility. First, we want to invite you to learn how you can create your expense codes to be able to use them for budgeting.
- Go to Admin Dashboard and select Company.
- You will see the different tabs, click on the Budgets tab.
- Now you will be able to create your Accounts. Just click on the Create Account button and enter the expense code you would like to use for that account and enter a name for you to identify.
- Now go to the Budgets tab right next to Accounts to set up your budgets.
- Once you are on the Budgets tab, you will be able to set up budgets for the different accounts that you´ve created.
- Click on the Create Budget button to enter the required information such as:
- Code: the expense code you will use to track spendings.
- Description: short sentence for you to show relevant information about the budget.
- Start date: when the budget period starts.
- End date: when the budget period ends.
- Budget amount: the amount assigned for the budget.
- Go to the Segments tab and assign meaning for each position of your expense code.
Expense code: 4000-100-30
Position 1: Department
Position 2: Project
100 Mobile App
Position 3: Type of Expense