After accepting a shipment and placing an order into inventory, it is an excellent practice to track all inventory items in your workspace. The LabFellows Cloud generates a UPC-A barcode for each item that is placed into inventory so you can track and barcode label them.
This article will show you how to:
Access an Item's Barcode
- Go to Lab Manager > Inventory module.
To view the barcode of an item, click the inventory Item ID from the list.
- When you click the Item ID, a pop-up window will display the item's barcode on top along with the item's general, technical, and safety information:
- Go to the Lab Manager > Inventory module.
From the inventory list, locate the item(s) of your interest and click the checkbox next to the Item ID.
- After the item(s) is selected, right-click the Item ID and a menu will display the option to Print Barcodes. Bulk selection is possible so you can print out multiple barcodes at once.
- A pop-up window will show print options for the barcodes:
◉ Barcode Label Format: the supported default is 1" x 2-5/8" rectangle format labels. We strongly recommend using chemical-resistant blank labels such as Avery UltraDuty™ White Film for Inkjet Printers.
◉ Print Type: you can select 'Email' to receive a link for the .PDF file with the barcodes. Alternatively, you can select 'Direct Download' and the Notifications icon will display the download link. Click 'Submit Barcodes' to receive the download link depending on the selected Print Type. This link expires in 24 hours.
◉ Preview Barcodes: if you select 'Click Here', a ready-to-print .PDF file will open in a new browser tab with all of the selected barcodes.