Table of contents:
- Matching Packing slip to PO
- Matching invoice to packing slip and PO
3-Way Matching is a process that provides internal controls by the verification of the information in three key documents: PO, Packing Slip, and Invoice. It also ensures the company that:
- The items were requested from the Supplier with the correct approval process.
- The items requested in the PO were fully received.
- The supplier is invoicing exactly the items they delivered.
Things to keep in mind before doing a 3-Way Matching
- Consider that one PO can have more than one shipment, which means we'll have more than one packing slip and more than one invoice.
- You can do the matching process at a line level, so you can easily match as the PO has been fulfilled.
- You should have a soft copy of the packing slip, invoice, and a picture of the items received.
Matching Packing Slip to PO
Let's make sure what you ordered is actually what was received.
- Go to Orders list, on the right, you will see three little dots (ellipsis), click on them, and select Accept Shipment.
- That will take you to the review Packing List, here you can upload a picture of the corresponding packing list. Verify that everything is correct and click Continue.
- By clicking continue you create a digital version of the packing slip. Now you can accept items in your shipment.
- Here you have the ability to skip place items. If you check this box, you will resume this in the place items tab.
Note: This step is only completed if the items are satisfactorily received. If there is an issue, the shipment can only be accepted until the issue is solved.
Matching Invoice to the Packing Slip
This is the second and last step of the process. At this moment you have reviewed that what you received is what you have ordered. The next step is making sure that the amount to be paid (invoice) is according to what was received.
- If you have already received the soft copy of the invoice from your supplier, or if it is a punchout, the invoice has already been generated, so you have two scenarios to do the matching:
Matching an invoice that has not yet been digitized
- Go to Shipments in the Lab Manager Dashboard.
- In S
- Shipment History, you will find the shipment you just accepted, click on it and then you will have two options: Match invoice or Create invoice.
- Our LabFellows Platform is smart, so if you select Match invoice, but there is no invoice received it will take you to the following screen.
- You would need to click on Cancel Match and go back to select Create Invoice.
- You will get a display of the digital version of the invoice, all you need to do is:
- Make sure the item, quantity, and price match your soft copy of the invoice.
- Enter the invoice number (in your soft copy) and click Save.
- Voila! You have now confirmed that the invoice matches what you received, and that is ok to pay that invoice.
- Your invoice is now matched and it will show the little icon in green.
Matching an invoice that was already digitized
- Go to Shipping & Receiving
- In Shipment history tab, you will find the shipment you just accepted click on it and then you will have two options: Match invoice or Create invoice
- The LabFellows app is smart, so when you select match invoice, it will show you all invoices related to that shipment/PO
- You revise the information and then select your invoice, by selecting your invoice you complete the process.
- Voila! You have now just confirmed the invoice matches to what you received and that is ok to pay that invoice, your invoice is now matched and it will show the little icon in green